The Consortium and the work it undertakes is currently organised into task focused working groups.
As at October 2018, the working groups and current chairs are as follows.
||Standard Chartered Bank
Roles of the Working Groups
- To address legal issues and compliance requirements in the use of blockchain technology for the SAFBC.
- To represent the blockchain industry outside the corporate and regulatory body of the SAFBC.
- To raise awareness of start-ups that operate in the fintec blockchain environment e.g payment gateways, investment vehicles, blockchain protocols.
- Create brand awareness and education presence for the Consortium.
- To build, assess and demonstrate how blockchain technology can be used for the development of use cases.
- Work with academia on research and development in blockchain.
- Interact with universities/ institutions across South Africa to gauge support.
- Increase education and training on blockchain at tertiary level.